The development of technology has allowed a great demand for visual effects specialists (VFX) who are employed in various branches of the audiovisual industries. The sector is growing more and more. In fact, it has become a new career path not only for young job seekers, but also for technology and creativity enthusiasts.
Gone are the days when VFX was limited to Hollywood movies, where expensive productions had to be entirely physical. Along with the increase in series there has been a rapid development and demand for visual effects professionals around the world.
In addition, VFX has become the backbone of the video game industry. In this sense, studies in VFX allow graduates to be part of a career. A far-reaching professional training that provides them with many real job opportunities, as well as bringing them closer to an industry whose development is unchecked.
Visual effects as it was known before involves physical requirements that are often impossible. Objects, animals or even fantastic creatures that had to be created by visual artists. The productions became dangerous, expensive and, many times, the results were just a matter of trying. Digital VFX has come to revolutionize the audiovisual world, making the industry more accessible to independent filmmakers, recent graduates and fans.
The demand for animation, visual effects and video game content has expanded considerably with the increase in people connected to the Internet, thanks to the low cost of the service, mobile phones and the growing popularity of live broadcasts. In addition, the demand for animation and visual effects content to create immersive experiences – such as augmented reality and virtual reality – is growing exponentially.
Remote working is playing an evolving key role in this sector and all its processes. In addition to having artistic skills, creatives have to be professionally efficient and adapt to the demands of today’s world. In this sense, teleworking reduces production times and costs.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE MOST RECENT ECONOMIC STATISTICS IN THE SECTOR.
- The total value of the global animation, visual effects and video games industry was $264 billion in 2019
- Most segments in the animation industry are growing at a rate of 2-3% per year.
- The cost of production per animation film ranges from $20 to $300 million.
- Spending on special effects as a percentage of production cost is approximately 20% to 25%.
- The size of the broadcast market for animation and visual effects content was $3.5 billion in 2019 and is growing at an annual rate of 8%.
Want to Become a VFX Specialist?
We are a platform for future creative arts talent that has been training the best professionals in the animation industry for over 24 years. For the 2020-2021 course we present the new International Master in VFX, a specific training that will allow you to know the workflow of visual effects production from A to Z. The Master is specially indicated for university graduates and professionals of the audiovisual industry who want to specialize in VFX.
DO YOU WANT TO DISCOVER WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- Solid artistic and technical background
- Double degree, French and European
- 90% of students find jobs 3 months after finishing their studies
- International teaching team of active professionals
- Extensive network of over 1,000 companies worldwide
If you are interested in studying the International Master in VFX at L’Idem, please do not hesitate to contact us! Our Admissions Department is at your disposal to solve any doubt or question you may have regarding the training we offer for the coming course.